This post originally appeared on Catz in September of 2012. The photos and the recipe have been updated.
Szechuan Green Beans & Pork is an approachable, easy recipe that is incredibly tasty and feeds a family in about 15 minutes!
15 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 lb lean ground pork (you could also ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp peanut oil (I used vegetable oil)
- 2 1/2 cups green beans (I used fresh)
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 TB hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, if you like spicy (we used 1/2 tsp, but next time would cut it down to 1/4 tsp)
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- Make 2 cups of rice according to package directions.
- Combine the pork, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture, beans, and garlic; cook for 3 minutes or until pork is crumbly and losing its pink color.
- Combine hoisin, sugar, red pepper, and soy sauce in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add hoisin mixture to pan.
- Cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Serve over rice.