This sloppy joe recipe is my favorite. I’ve tried all sorts of different versions, including the canned version and this one just trumps them all. So much delicious flavor is packed into these little sliders! It will just blow your mind and make you stand up with your arms stretched above your head yelling, “TOUCHDOWN!” Or not. You could also just sit there nodding your head over how good these are while you watch the game. Either one would be fine by me. #notpicky
These are perfect little eats for a Super Bowl party because they are in tiny little sliders, which allow for more food on your plate, but also friendly enough for the kiddos. Josh and I’ve decided that we should make all of our burgers and sandwiches with sliders because our youngest daughter Eden can actually get her tiny mouth around them!
These should definitely be on your Super Bowl Party menu! Or your dinner menu. You can’t lose. Unlike the Super Bowl. Because, someone always loses. Bwhahahaha! I mean, “Oh…that’s too bad.”
Sweet & tangy, slightly sophisticated and fun, these slow-cooker sloppy joe sliders up the ante and are perfect for your game day munchies!
10 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 10-12 slider buns
- 10-12 slices cheddar cheese
- Cook and stir ground turkey, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is browned and onion is tender.
- Combine ketchup, bell pepper, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and chili powder in the bottom of your slow-cooker. Stir in turkey mixture.
- Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours.
- To serve, place cheese on the bottom of the slider and spoon the sloppy joe mixture on top, allowing the heat from the sloppy joe to melt the cheese.