This recipe originally appeared on Catz in September of 2014. The pictures and recipe have been updated. And you should grill these…now.
We don’t really watch many sporting events much in our family. I prefer to be at a live game vs. sitting in front of the tv watching it. We made a few exceptions this past summer with tennis and the world cup. But other than that, we didn’t watch much, including the super bowl! We must of been the only family that didn’t watch the super bowl, lol! I guess the only thing that attracts me to the possibility of watching sporting events on tv is if you have game day food and I would definitely be there if this burger was being served.This burger is so easy, but it really has so much flavor packed into these patties. I know it will become an end of summer favorite for you as well as a tailgating/sport night favorite too.
This bacon gouda burger is juicy, flavorful, and will impress all your friends at your next tailgating party!
10 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 oz. bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 4 hamburger or pretzel buns
- Pre-heat the grill to medium. In a medium bowl, combine beef, bacon, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix until just combined, being careful to not overwork the mixture. Divide the meat into 4 patties.
- Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until the meat reaches a temperature of 165 degrees. Top each burger with cheese; close grill lid for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove burgers and rest-covering loosely with foil for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Sourced from Fred Meyer Recipes