I don’t cook or bake a lot with pears or cranberries. So awful! But I decided that needed to change and I was going to start with this pear & cranberry crisp!
The colors themselves are just so pretty and the flavor, well…I’m having a hard time keeping my husband out of the crisp! He actually ate a bowl of it for breakfast the other day! Apparently, that’s how we do breakfast on the weekends. Or maybe it’s just a guy thing. I don’t know. But I do know, that this crisp is really easy, really beautiful, and really really good! It’s sweet, it’s tart, it’s everything magical about the holidays!
Tart, juicy cranberries combined with sweet, succulent pears make the perfect marriage of Fall fruits in this bright and cheery pear & cranberry crisp!
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 pkg (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 2 lbs pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divded
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cranberries and pears. In a small bowl, combine sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon flour. Pour the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the berries and pears and gently toss to combine. Pour into the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, oats, and brown sugar. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles course sand. Stir in chopped pecans and spoon over the berries, pressing the crumb mixture into the fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and pears are tender. Cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.