'Tis the season for holiday parties, holiday recitals, Christmas shopping, and the general hustle and bustle that this time of year offers. My head is spinning just thinking about it. Sometimes it seems as though I only have minutes to get dinner on the table.
I'm a huge fan of a dinner I can prepare ahead of time and just keep in the fridge until it's time to cook it. This taco bake is one of those easy dinners that just comes together with the snap of a finger.
This taco bake reminds me of a taco salad, but without the shell, which is perfect for me because I love everything about a taco salad, but the shell. Maybe that's weird, but I just prefer what's in the salad.
I might add that this isn't a particularly pretty dish to serve. It isn't made to stand up nice and stiff like a lasagna, it kind of just falls onto your plate, but that doesn't change how good this is. A little bit of melted cheese, crispy tortilla chips, fresh lettuce and sliced olives...what's not to love?!
Need an easy, tasty recipe you can make ahead and finish in a hurry? This one's got your covered.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 25 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 3/4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 oz) chili with beans
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup sliced olives, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- Spread 1 cup tortilla chips into an ungreased 8x8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine green chiles, 1/2 of olives, and chili.
- Spoon over chips.
- Spread sour cream over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheeses, remaining chips, and remaining olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with lettuce.