Let me tell you, raising baby boys is so so so different than raising baby girls, aside from the obvious reasons, of course. Grace and Eden were pretty perfect little babes. Grace slept through the night once she was four months old. Eden, though she didn't always sleep through the night, would drink her middle of the night bottle and fall right back asleep afterwards. Christian sleeps through the night when he wants too. Which isn't all the time.
When I told the girls "No!" they would listen to me. When I tell Christian "No!" He sits there, does a little dance and laughs at me. While the girls would play quietly or sit and watch tv so I could get a few chores done. The little man is constantly at my feet and trying to follow me around. He is not interested in TV (which I don't think is a bad thing at all) and loves to pull my hair, throw his bottles on the floor, and say "uh-oh" only a million times a day.
These are all very endearing qualities that I love, and I appreciate the differences between him and his sisters. He is a unique little boy who's wrapped his cute little hand around my heart and doesn't let go. And I don't want him to, either.
Of all the above differences, the one that is the most taxing is his inability to consistently sleep through the night. He can sleep through the night, but if anything is off with him, he won't. And lately, the off thing with him seems to be teething. But, I can't see anything on his upper gums right now, which is so frustrating because neither him or I know when there will be any real relief in sight.
It's a good thing I have these cookies to fall back on. Otherwise, I might just go bonkers out of sleep deprivation. That deep, nutty, brown butter flavor that's tucked into sweet white chocolate chips and minty fresh holiday m&m's. Did I mention that these cookies are soft? Soft cookies are my favorite. You can literally melt into these cookies...and these cookies are the perfect cure for exhaustion.
Brown Butter White Chocolate M&M Cookies
Browned butter, mint, white chocolate - these cookies have it all. Plus, they look festive! What's not to love?
Prep time: 35 min
Cook time: 21 min
Total time: about 1 hr
Yield: approx 30 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, divided and softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown butter in a small pot, then chill in refrigerator until completely cooled.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter, brown butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add in half the mixture of the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Add remaining dry ingredients, and repeat.
- Fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms with a spatula.
- Spoon mixture onto greased cookie sheet in in tablespoons.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 min.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.