- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, Mix in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Alternately, add dry ingredients and sour cream to butter mixture. Fold blueberries into batter.
- In a small bowl, combine streusel mixture.
- In a muffin pan with paper liners, fill each cup 2/3’s of the way full. Sprinkle streusel topping over the muffin batter. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I’m slowly trying to update a lot of my older posts. Let me be honest, some of the older posts pictures are jut dreadful. I had no clue as to what I was doing. I’m still not sure I do, but I think I’m getting better at the picture taking part, lol!
I made these muffins back in 2010 for Grace’s sixth birthday breakfast. She loved them. Eden loved them, and I loved them. I’ve since made them a number of times but never got around to reposting this old muffin favorite of ours! Since blueberry season is right on top of us, this is a great muffin recipe to use on some of those delicious little blueberries.
What makes these part cupcake/part muffin? Well, I believe it is the super tasty, crunchy, and sweet streusel topping that makes these blueberry muffins, cupcake worthy!
Blueberry Cupcake Muffins
A blueberry muffin makeover with a tasty streusel topping!
Makes: 17 muffins
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries, (if using frozen-unthawed)
2 TB flour
3 TB sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon