I had a dream last night that I was arrested and the police officer hauled my pregnant butt off to jail. I sat there on the stiff non-cushioned benches along with the other females who were nursing drunken hang overs and whatever else ailed them into getting their booty’s in jail too. Thinking back on this portion of my dream reminds me of that scene in Ocean’s 12 when where Julia Roberts is also arrested for posing to be a pregnant Julia Roberts, luckily for her, when she starts getting the stare down from drunken onlookers, she can simply remove the pillow that was acting as her child to be. Me, yeah, not so much. I’m still very much pregnant.
Are you wondering how I got myself into jail in the first place? Well, I can tell you. You can blame my husband! That sweet and thoughtful man got the car seat out of the garage for me not to long ago and he put it in the trunk of my SUV until we really needed it.
Well, here I am driving through my town, er city…and I get pulled over because the 911 operators are getting bombarded with other drivers calling in who think that I’ve got a baby sliding around in its car seat in the trunk. When I finally do get pulled over, the officer doesn’t seem to care that I am still obviously pregnant and indeed without a child in the said car seat that’s sliding around in my trunk.
So here I am, stranded in jail, and my one phone call I get, isn’t going so well, because my husband isn’t answering his phone. Grr, BOYS!
At least, my family won’t be starving tonight while wondering where mommy is because I have this deliciously easy chicken dinner in the crockpot just waiting for them, with instructions to cook up some pasta to serve with it. Gosh, they are lucky to have me, lol!
Thank goodness the dream was just dream! But in reality, this dinner is pretty dang tasty and an easy one to throw together in the morning. Don’t believe me? Give it a try. :)
40 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 40 Total Time
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breast ( I used 2 chicken breasts)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I actually didn’t have these on hand)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz box penne pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Spray your slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with remaining ingredients, except pasta, cheese, and parsley.
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 30 minutes before chicken is done, cook and drain pasta according to directions on box. While pasta is cooking, shred the chicken.
- Serve chicken with pasta, and top with cheese and parsley.
Some crusty bread on the side would be delicious to mop up the tomato sauce drippings.
(Source: Adapted from Pillsbury.com)