1. I finally went back to the gym last night after not going for a few weeks. I didn't really work out at all on vacation unless you count the day we spent wandering around San Francisco. We spent some the riding the cable cars- with the whole jumping off and getting back on bit. But when we got done wandering around China Town, there weren't any Cable Cars to be found so we ended up walking nearly 2 miles (on top of all the other walking we had done) back to the bay to where we parked our car. During that journey, my feet swelled and I got a blister on the back of my heel because I was wearing flats that I had never worn in the heat, Eden lost a shoe, and Grace got a side ache from all of our walking. I still have the blister today. But all in all Josh figured we walked a total of 5 miles! Not bad for me- however, I went to the gym last night and though I did really well and didn't back pedal in my progress, my legs felt slightly rubbery and weak. Is that because I'm pregnant and I'm starting to get this little baby beer belly pooch or is it because I hadn't been to the gym consistently in 3 week?
2. Speaking of the whole pregnant thing, I find it hilarious that I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I'm already noticing a difference in the way my jeans fit. I do have maternity jeans waiting in the wings for me, but I refuse to bust them out till I'm officially out of the 1st trimester. And, I'm having to get creative with my tops too. Nothing to clingy for me...which kind of sucked, because all of my work out shirts are clingy and since I don't look pregnant right now...only like I ate way too many donuts over the weekend it was kind of a weird experience trying to decide what to wear since I own nothing too baggy. Looks like I get to go SHOPPING!
3. We bought a bag of cheetoe's while we were in L.A. I love Josh's grandparents to death, but their lunch time portions normally leave me starving, even when I'm not pregnant. So Josh bought Cheetoe's and then they came home with us, where they sat on the kitchen counter calling my name. The bag is gone now and I'm the only one that helped herself to them. Maybe it's not a bloated donut belly, but a cheetoe belly instead. Ew!
4. Last night was the series finale of House. It was a great ending to the series and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Don Draper isn't a substitute for Gregory House...maybe if he had an english accent and piercing baby blue eyes...but he doesn't. All he offers are brown eyes that aren't nearly as gorgeous as my husbands and a hairy chest that makes me want to revert my eyes! Don Draper- Please you are many things, but leave the shirt ON!
5. When I was a kid, teenager, young adult- sleeping in was my favorite past time. Nowadays, I'm up by 7:30am...well, okay was up, that was before I got pregnant. Now...I sleep till 8 or 9am! I blame all the bathroom breaks I have to take in the middle of the night. Makes me sleepy.
6. So Josh has been really amazing at listening to me ramble on about my cravings. Saturday- I wanted a Bonzai Burger so bad. Now granted, when Josh and I go to Red Robin, I cannot eat a whole burger myself. Josh and I always split and get more fries, his with ranch and me with ketchup. Josh made us our own version of a Bonzai Burger this weekend and it was so so good. Dare I say, better than Red Robin?? We will definitely be making it again soon so we can share it with you all.
7. Yesterday I made broccoli cheese soup for lunch-out of a can! My mom used to make it for me when I was sick and would stay home from school. Now I wasn't sick yesterday, but my mom is camping in Tahoe and Broccoli Cheese Soup just sounded so good. So I made some and left the pot to clean for later. Well, Josh ended up having to clean the pot poor guy, and was complaining about how it smelled, how long it sat in the sink, and what the heck was it!
8. We plan on buying the girls a bunk bed soon. I have my eye on one at Ikea for a great price. So until then, we've taken the mattress from the crib that we had converted into a day bed for Edie and put it on the floor of Grace's room. You would think the girls had died and gone to heaven. All they do is laugh and play, and hang out in Grace's room. I barely see them anymore.
9. The rain is back in our area and it feels like fall to me. I had to turn the heat on this morning because I'm freezing! I hope it's warmer where you guys are at!
10. Who's watching the Next Food Network Star and loving it? Who are you voting for. I feel so guilty choosing a team I want to win because I like them all!