Tuesday, September 2, 2014
1. Yesterday, we took Eden to the mall to spend some of her b-day gift card and her sweet daddy, bought her this huge cat whose name is Glamour. She owns 3 other ones, all in different sizes. So now she has a whole collection and she is in 7th heaven.
2. Josh and I started watching season 1 of Downton Abbey again. We were going through withdrawals, lol!
3. Week before last, I told you about Thred Up and that I was waiting for them to send me my first order. Well, I got it last week and I love it. The clothes were in such excellent condition. I could of boughht them off the rack. I was very pleased, and will definitely buy again from this awesome company.
Monday, September 1, 2014
Oh, sunsets. I love em!
Happy Labor Day all! I hope you have some relaxing plans set for the day. I think we're going to run a few errands around town that we didn't get done over the weekend.
Are you in as much of a state of shock as I am that it is ACTUALLY September? It is just crazy to me. I am trying as hard as I can to hold myself back to decorate for fall. I know as soon as Thanksgiving hits I'm going to be all about Christmas-but then completely ready to undecorate and declutter from all of the holiday festivities. I'm trying to keep this mind while I wait for the first OFFICIAL day of fall. I think last year I only made it to the 2nd or 3rd day in September before I broke down and got out all of the decorations. LOL.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Last night I played Monopoly with Josh, his sister, and her husband in our hotel room. We needed to decompress a bit. If you follow our Catz Facebook page (if you don't, then you should-go like our fb page), then you know that Josh and I flew down to California, Monday afternoon with his sister and her husband to celebrate the beautiful life of our beloved Nani, Josh and Jenn's grandma. We spent all evening sharing stories, laughs, hugs, meeting family members, and reconnecting with members of the family we haven't seen in years. It was bittersweet. Nani would of loved having this huge group of family and friends together.
I was going to share the meatball recipe last week, but then I changed my mind and felt it might be better for this week as we are continually inching closer to fall and comfort foods. Meatballs in my opinion are comfort foods.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
1. We're in California and this sunset was so beautiful that I just had to capture it (rather poorly I might add) on our way to Josh's grandparent's house.
2. We left my 3 beautiful babies with my parents so we could make this trip to the memorial service for my husband's grandma. Obviously, the first time we left Christian was for our anniversary two weeks ago. Let me just say going out of state is very different that going 25 miles from home and staying in a hotel. I'm having serious withdrawals. But I know that all 3 of my kids are in the very best of hands. I just miss em.
3. Five-COUNT EM' FIVE baby hoglets (porcupines) were just born at our Oregon Zoo and they are just the cutest thing ever!
Monday, August 25, 2014
This week, I won't be sharing a weekly menu. No, not because I don't like you and I'm feeling stingy, but because right now I'm sitting in the airport with my husband and Sister & Brother in love to fly to California for our grandmother's memorial service on Tuesday. We fly home Wednesday so it will be a very short trip-but in all honesty, no idea what I'm fixing for dinner when we get home. So there's that.
Many of you might remember we flew down to California back in April to visit our Grandma and take the kids to Disneyland. But she passed away a few years ago from Pulmonary Fibrosis. :( So that's why there will be no menu-but next week it will be back up. And we will have more posts this week too.
Have a great week guys!
Saturday, August 23, 2014
The other day we took our kids to our local amusement park as one of Eden's birthday gifts from us. I don't know who was more excited. Me or her. Here's the thing. I love amusement parks. They remind me of the fair, except that the food isn't as good as the food at the fair.
Friday, August 22, 2014
Nearly every Friday night, it's pizza and a movie night in our house. It's one of the only nights that I allow us to gather around the coffee table and eat dinner while we watch a movie. Last Friday, it was Eden's actual birthday.
(I know. You guys have been hearing me talk about her birthday for almost 2 weeks now. Can't help it. Can't stop. Won't Stop. ) I love celebrating birthdays!